Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The beginning...

I have admittedly been against the blogging phenomenon generally. It seems like another facebook form of cyber stalking where people put way to much personal information for everyone to read. People who you haven't seen or heard from in years (usually with good reason) skulk about your page, reading your too personal info, and think they are closer to you than they are. All in all a bit creepy. I admit to checking facebook on quite religiously daily basis, but still I have some issues. I try to refrain from putting too much of myself on there or out there.

So why I am suddenly blogging?

As with anything, it is a simple and complicated answer. I have recently come in contact with some dear friends from college who were lost in the hustle and bustle since graduation...ummm thanks, Facebook. I wish I could say I have spent the years doing something wildly exciting or important, but mostly I have just been plugging along. Reading a little, writing a little, thinking and feeling and dreaming a little, learning a lot. I have been deeply hurt and deeply healed. I have watched dark red wounds become scars. All that is left of the pain in the last six years is a bumpy line when I run my hand over my heart. I have learned more about myself and life than I ever thought I would. It has been a happy existence, if not a quiet one. I have realized I have things to say. If for no one else, then for myself. Silence is for cowards and I need to feel brave.

So, back to the collge friends. Both of them have blogs, which I enjoy reading on a regular basis. They write for the sake of writing and document their lives for the masses. I have a feeling they write because they need too and it doesn't matter who reads it because they are writing for themselves. They are writing as a balm from the world. They are writing because they have something to say and the warm wrap of words is where they find the most important parts of themselves. The three of us are starting a writing group--partially to perfect our art, partially to stretch our muse, and I believe partially, to find all the pieces in ourselves and the world we need to be whole.

So, here it is the beginning of my chronicle. My random musing and perspective on the world. The furniture and geography of my life.

2 comments:

  1. Brava, Miss Melissa! Beautiful and evocative; thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the dark side. If nothing else, my blog offers a venue by which to express my thoughts, my ideas, my life in the words of which you speak so beautifully.

    I'm entirely happy you've joined us in blog land. And I dig your blog's name.

    ReplyDelete