Friday, January 29, 2010

For Friday...

Just a few quotes from my notebook that need posting...

The world is round and the place which seems like the end, may also be the beginning.
~Unknown

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
~Eleanor Roosevelt

I have found the secret to life: that if I love until it hurts, then there is no more hurt, only more love.
~Mother Theresa

...I know you are reading this poem listening for something, torn
between bitterness and hope
turning back once again to the task you cannot refuse.
I know you are reading this poem because there is nothing else
left to read
there where you have landed, stripped as you are.
~Adrienne Rich

...Whoever you are, no matter how lonely,
the world offers itself to your imagination,
calls to you like the wild geese, harsh and exciting--
over and over announcing your place
in the family of things.
~Mary Oliver

1 comment: