Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Manipulations of a four year old...

My niece has recently become obsessed with money. She wants it...bad. She scours my bedroom floor for loose coins, which up until now I have willingly relinquished. Last week she informed me that she didn't want any more change...she only wanted real money, paper money. I asked her why she needed paper money. "To buy things," she replied while giving me the wow-you-are-really-dumb-face. She's four! What does she need to buy? Being the nice aunty I am I gave her a dollar. Since then she asks me for a dollar every time she sees me. It is funny...well...sort of funny.

Monday I had a migraine. I woke up from my phenergan induced coma and needed to visit the bathroom. I was looking for my pajama pants when my niece came in. "Oh you're awake," she says. "Can I have a dollar?" "No you may not. You have enough dollars," I reply. Then I sneezed.

I'm sure it has happened to others, but since I turned 30, sometimes if I have a full bladder and then sneeze, more comes out than just the sneeze. If you know what I mean, then you understand. This happened to be one of those special sneeze times and I ran to the bathroom to remedy the situation. When I came back to my room, my niece asked what had happened. I was honest and told her about what had happened. "Hmmm...." she said looking thoughtful.

Five minutes or so passed. I was laying down and my darling niece was lying on the bed reading. Just as I'm about to go back to sleep, Olivia says, "Um, Sissa?" "Yes?" I say. "How about you give me a dollar or I go tell my mom you peed your pants."

Monday migraines and manipulated by a four old, what could be better?

2 comments:

  1. Maybe I shouldn't have laughed as hard as I did at this, but thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to Stephanie. I totally get the full bladder sneezing (or laughing really hard) business and I'm not 30 yet. What does that say about me?

    ReplyDelete