Monday, February 7, 2011

Congratulations are in order...

Today one of my kids drew a picture of me. This happens often enough that I have come to appreciate looking like an alien with an oversized head and enormous misshapen eyes. What made this drawing really memorable was the conversation that followed. I should have named this post quotes for kindergarten, but I thought it was little more noteworthy.

Natalie: Miss B, I drew this picture of you.
Me: Oh, let me see. I look lovely. Who is with me in the picture?
N: This is you. (Pointing to the drawing with long hair). This is your husband. (Pointing to the slightly taller figure).
Me: That's nice, but I don't have a husband, sweet girl.
N: CONGRATULATIONS!!! You got married today!

She announced the marriage to the whole class and told all the kids to be nice to me because it was my wedding day. Hilarious and adorable. This is life with five year olds.

2 comments:

  1. love this! love that you teach 5 year olds ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! By the way, might I ask why it is that our students are so obsessed with our marriage status?

    ReplyDelete