Monday, July 20, 2009

Back from the nothing...

Do you ever feel like there just isn't enough time? I know I am given the same amount of time as everyone else, but sometimes it really feels like I need a few more hours every day. Two would peachy, three would be keen, and four? Well four would be just about perfect. With just four extra hours a day, I could get a full eight hours of sleep every night. This would feel like bliss considering the four to six I am getting lately. Four extra hours a day would give me an hour to walk or participate in the exercise of my choice. It would let me play the guitar for an hour and my rock star dreams would be closer than ever. It would allow me to substitute an entire movie or 2.5 episodes of Supernatural or Friday Night Lights for exercise and guitar practice. It would let me sit and have a meal instead of eating an apple or PB&J in may car while traveling from here to there to everywhere. It would let me get a full forty hours of work in without feeling like I might die in the process. It would let me sit, and breathe, and think, and read a book that has absolutely nothing to with education. Don't those things sound wonderful? Okay, I'll take four extra hours. Where do I sign up?

1 comment:

  1. This too shall pass and other cliche messages of encouragement.

    The truth is that I'm wasting your extra four hours in pure oblivion during my summer vacation. I'll make up for it one month from now.

    ReplyDelete