Saturday, October 9, 2010

Saturdays when I should be cleaning...

Oh, Saturday; the best and worst day of the week. A day without the business of going to work or alarm clocks. When sleeping in, even for a little bit, presents itself like pure bliss. Even in waking up, there is the temptation just to lie there for a few more minutes or snuggle down into the warm covers and pull the book from beneath the pillow. (Assuming you have a book under the pillow, which I always do). This is the best part of the day and then enters the list.

I cannot lie in bed very long without the list creeping in. The long durge of things I must get done because it is Saturday and I don't have to go to work. Unpleasant things like hanging up clothes and cleaning the bathroom. Going to do laundry or cutting out laminated name cards for school. Homework and shopping for unexciting items like toilet paper and toothpaste.

Today, my list is exceptionally long. So long in fact that it will not all get done. I have already been up, but now I am back to lying in bed, reveling that it is Saturday and blogging about the list instead of tackling it. That, my friends, is bliss.

2 comments:

  1. I have grown quite talented at avoiding responsibility with my weekends. I think procrastination is sometimes the only way to achieve and maintain balance in one's life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think weekends are wasted on chores! :)

    ReplyDelete