Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Quotes from Kindergarten...

I have added storytelling to my daily morning routine. That is, the kids get to tell short stories about their little lives. We hear 4 to 5 stories a day, and while they are all important, most of them usually only include lines like I played with my cat, I played with my brother, I played with my bike, I played or I ate some candy.

Today though, one little boy (you'll remember him from the jelly bean incident) raised his hand and when I called on him, he said "I have a story about Brennan's dog an' how he is doeing* to live to be a hundred years old and never die. His name is Stormy an' he will live forever."

A great beginning, right? Turns out it was all the kid had...the opening, but it was still a great line and underneath it spoke of endless possibility; endless imagination.

*As before, read everything phonetically.

1 comment: