Tuesday, March 30, 2010

And then they cheered...

I imagine that life is made of little moments that probably mean little except to those they happen too. Today was a moment. I was exhausted...throw down, cry in the bathroom, close your eyes at recess while you're supposed to monitoring the 3rd graders, I can't possibly survive without a Dr. Pepper, I'm not sure how I can make it through one more teaching minute...exhausted. I am ashamed to say, but I was counting down until the end of the day and then it happened.

The last 45 minutes of my day consists of a class called ELD where I am supposed to help students increase their English Lanuage Development. Kids come from other 3rd grade classrooms to visit mine. They line up outside my door and wait to be invited in. When I went to invite them to come in, one of the girls said, "Are you teaching us again today?" "Yep," I said, half expecting something snarky to follow, but instead all the kids in the line cheered. They cheered! Then, I felt like crying for a different reason entirely.

It was a good moment.

1 comment:

  1. That is TRULY awesome! Cheering is way under utilized...

    :) congrats... I love teaching for this very reason!

    ReplyDelete