Friday, March 26, 2010

The Friday Five--Summer Edition...

Summer is the most wonderful season of the year. It isn't my favorite season. Fall holds the favorite position. Still, summer holds a very close second. In the hope that the weather will soon be changing, and all this winter drear will be behind us, this Friday's Five is dedicated to the reasons I am looking forward to June.

1. Sunshine. Is there a greater feeling than turning your face to the sun and feeling its warm breath on your eyelids and hair?

2. Flip-flops, Chacos, and other open toe bliss. My feet are aching to be freed from socks and sneakers. I can't wait to start working on distinctive and wonderful criss-crossed tan lines.

3. Road trips. This summer's line up includes the Northwest coast, Montana, Idaho (Redfish), maybe South Dakota, and possibly a cross country trip that includes me, a box of dishes, a box of bedding, and several boxes of books...destination to be determined.

4. Ireland. My mom, sister, and I are going for a graduation trip. I CANNOT WAIT!!!

5. The summer reading list. Usually, I make a list of books to read over the summer, while I am enjoying all the things listed above. Last summer, I had very little reading time. This summer I will have loads. If you have reading suggestions, add them below. Again, I CANNOT WAIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment