Tuesday, March 2, 2010

News from Tuesday...

It has been good day. I was officially invited to the final interviews for Teach for America. This is very exciting because it means I get to skip two in between steps. I feel pretty confident about being placed...as long as I don't blow the interview. Things are looking good and looking forward.

In the glow of the news, I feel happy and excited. I have to decide my region and grade preferences by March 23rd, which is proving to be very stressful. I would feel better if I could just turn my fate to the fates and say whatever is supposed to be will be. It is the personal input part that is causing me trouble. The region choices I initially listed were New York, Boston, and San Antonio, but I can change any of them if I want too. The grade preference is the easy choice, K to 3rd, and I am hoping for Kindergarten. Dear friends, Dear fate, Dear Father help me choose and give any input you think would help in the decision.

2 comments:

  1. Melissa! That is so fantastic! I can't wait for details on Friday. By the way, we're doing dinner and The Young Victoria on Friday with Stephanie.

    You made the leap! And I'm so proud! Seriously--seriously--I admire you so completely right now. It is a good program. It is a good opportunity. May it not break you entirely. And, as teaching always breaks each of us a little, may it mend you each day.

    Huzzah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That's amazing, as are you!

    ReplyDelete