Thursday, May 6, 2010

The thirty-three on 33...

So, in my little blogging hiatus I have reached several milestones...

First, I hit my fiftieth blog post! Who knew I could do it? My new goal is to get to a hundred in much less time. Since I now have more time this seems reasonable.

Second, I graduated from graduate school! I know pride is a sin and all, but I feel exceedingly proud! This has been a goal for me for a long time and there is something so wonderfully gratifying in completing something so huge! There is also something satisfying about progressing. I learned awhile ago that progression is the key to happiness. You have to keep moving forward. It is the only way to live a full and beautiful life. Grad school was a lot of hard work and long days and desperate, frantic assignment completion. Still, I feel a sense of peace and pride that I worked hard, I did it all, and now I am at the end. I haven't decided what to do next, but you can bet something big is on the horizon.

Third, I finished my 33rd year on this planet. The girls took me dinner on Thursday and we had a wonderful time talking and laughing. Natalie bought me the most beautiful flowers. Brenna bought me darling pearl stars. Cristi is working on canvas of birds. My family celebrated with me on Saturday and it was great too, even with a little too much drama in the mix. Being 33 is going to be great, so great in fact that I have compiled a list about it. I do love lists! Here we go...

1. I'm still an old soul with a young heart. I couldn't ask to be anything better.
2. I'm on my path...finally.
3. I am surrounded with beautiful friends.
4. I have a supportive and loving family.
5. I am optimistic about what the future will bring me.
6. I believe the universe gives back what it gets. I am expecting only good things.
7. It is almost summer, the season of endless possibilities.
8. The summer reading list is newly finished, but still open for revisions.
9. The summer music mix is finished and ready for a roadtrip.
10. I will go places this year I've never been. Ireland this summer and Italy next.
11. I know more now than I ever have before about myself, my purpose, and my path.
12. I know more now about education and the importance of learning in the lives of children.
13. I have time to read more books.
14. I have time to knit.
15. I am enrolled in a book binding class, something I have wanted to do for a long time.
16. I have a trip planned through Montana, Canada, and Oregon. It will be my first solo roadtrip longer than a day.
17. I will get to visit New York regularly for friends, food, and wonderful anonimity.
18. I have time to read more poetry.
19. I have time to write more poetry.
20. The outdoor concert season is starting.
21. I'm learning, very slowly, the value of being a minimalist.
22. I will be braver this year than I have ever been.
23. I will say I love you when I mean it.
24. I get to decorate my own classroom!
25. I get to work with small children everyday and see the wonder of the world through their eyes.
26. Number 25 means that every part of my life will be filled with books and art.
27. I won't have talk to any more sick people.
28. I will work somewhere with windows.
29. I have my own ktichen one way or another.
30. I will get to have playdates with Olivia and Wyatt.
31. I will have the chance to meet new people and try new things.
32. I will have time to play my guitar.
33. I will try to be a better person, be a better friend, live a better life, and find joy in the width and beauty of this wide world and the experiences it offers. After all, life is too short to be anything but happy.

2 comments: